Sunday, July 20, 2008

Who is Elizabeth?


I started writing about Canadian genealogy in 1989. A newspaper reporter at that time, I re-discovered genealogy one day as I was going through some family research I had done before and putting my notes together. I was hooked!

I have been on the Internet for fourteen years with various interests in genealogy, but in 2004, I started a website, <GenealogyCanada.com>, as a gathering place for genealogists who had a particular spot in their heart for the latest in Canadian genealogy, history, heritage news, and endeavouring to fulfill that niche.

In 2005, I had a diabetic stroke which left my right side paralyzed, and I had to decide what I should do for the rest of my life. I decided to continue writing (I can't stop now) and today, here I am, writing for genealogy and history magazines (e.g. Everton's), websites (GenealogyToday.com), and am editor of the Ontario Genealogical Society's newsletters, NewsLeaf and its Internet sibling, e-NewsLeaf <OGS.on.ca>.

So, now I have returned to the Internet once again - this time with a blog <GenealogyCanada.blogspot.com>.

If you have a meeting, event, website, or project that you would like publicized, I would love to hear from you!

Until then,

Happy Hunting!

Elizabeth

No comments: