Monday, August 15, 2011

Stories of a Canadian Family

A new blog appeared yesterday, and it is named “Stories of a Canadian Family”.

It is by Lianne Lavoie, and it explores her “French, English, Scottish, and Swedish ancestry”. Genealogy is right up there with the things she likes to do (right after computer science, languages, and philosophy), and she says that most of her “research so far has been on my dad’s side of the family, simply because it is the French Canadian side, and there are ample resources available. However, I do plan to discover as much as I can about my mom’s side, which is English, Scottish, and Swedish, as well. There are many gaps still in my family tree, and I intend to fill them in”.

She has the surnames of her paternal side, which are -

Bard
Daineault
Deshaies
Ducharme
Gagne
Lavoie
Levasseur
Ouellet
Paradis
Richard
Voyer

And the surnames of her maternal side, which are -

Angus
Aspinal
Fretwell
Jackson
Johnson
Pehrsson/Peterson
Prince
Watts

So if you have any of these names in your family, be sure to drop Lianne a note, and help her along the way.

The website is http://storiesofacanadianfamily.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Lianne said...

Thanks for writing about my blog! I've never been part of a blogging community quite as friendly as the genealogy one. I wish I'd started this sooner. :)

I look forward to following your blog!