Tuesday, July 9, 2013
The following cemeteries have been revised on the GenWeb Canada website -
- Greenview / Rosalind United Church / Methodist Church Cemetery
- Westlawn Memorial Gardens & Edmonton Crematorium
- New Bergthal Mennonite Cemetery
- Red Willow Cemetery
Central Kootenay Regional District:
- Edgewood Cemetery
Cowichan Valley Regional District:
- Ladysmith Indian Cemetery
Peace River :
- North Rolla Lutheran Church Cemetery
- Sorenson / Carpio Cemetery
- Sylvan Public / Transfiguration Ukrainian Catholic Cemetery
- Holy Trinity Roman Catholic Cemetery
- Ridgeville / South Ridge Cemetery
- Holy Ghost Ukrainian Catholic (New) Cemetery
- St Joseph's Catholic / St Norbert Koscio sw Jozefa Cemetery
- St Norbert Blessed Virgin Mary Ukrainian Catholic Cemetery
- Polsen St Mary's Roman Catholic / Chapel of the Assumption Roman Catholic Cemetery
- St George's Cemetery
- St Michael's Cemetery
- Windsor Cemetery
St Andrews RM:
- Blessed Virgin Mary Ukrainian Catholic Cemetery
West St Paul RM:
- Riverside Holy Family Ukrainian Catholic Cemetery
- St James Anglican Cemetery
Excelsior RM # 166:
- Rush Lake Cemetery
Remembers to say your “Thanks” to Marilyn Whiting, Cheyenne Kepke, Patricia Green and Julia Adamson for help indexing, and to Carol Wilkinson, Cheyenne Kepke, Chris Pfeifle, Dennis Schultz, Grace Peters, Henry Martin Hamm, Ian Coupland, John Berger, Marilyn Whiting, Myron Masnyk, Patricia Green, Susan Severdija, and Walter Smelski for photos & transcripts.
Tuesday, April 23, 2013
National Volunteer Week pays tribute to the millions of Canadian volunteers who donate their time and talents to our communities.
This special event began in 1943 to draw attention to the vital contribution women made to the war effort on the home front. Although this week was largely forgotten after the war ended, it experienced a revival in the late 1960s, when organizations stressed the importance of thanking volunteers across Canada.
This is the largest celebration of civic participation in Canada.
CanadaGenWeb www.facebook.com/pages/CanadaGenWeb-Cemetery-Project/150618738362392?fref=ts On their Facebook page, CanadaGenWeb's Cemetery Project publicly says ‘Thank you” to its volunteers.
The Cemetery Project is a program is run entirely by volunteers, and it would not be able to offer a cemetery directory, transcripts, indexes and photos without their commitment and support.